Mom and Dad Schaper June 26,2010

Mom and Dad Schaper June 26,2010
One of several "Pure Joy" moments for which I thank God!

My Baby Sister,Sharon Kay,her son,Michael

My Baby Sister,Sharon Kay,her son,Michael
Home at last,my dear Sis!

Ricky's Answer to high Fuel Bills

Ricky's Answer to high Fuel Bills
"Star Hollow Gas Reserve!"

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

O God,thy sea is so great;my boat is so small!

Spending a good part of the day yesterday in the Cancer Hospital with a dear family member while she began yet another series of Chemotherapy,I came away,both humbled and feeling rather helpless at my inability to take away the pain of a mass of hurting people,both patients and caretakers.I left there feeling ashamed at my complaints,suddenly made to look pretty minute in the face of such pain and suffering.I also came away more determined to make the most of all the moments of my life,not sweat the small stuff,etc.
My what an equalizer the word,Cancer,becomes!No respector of race,age,class or status of life.I heard the cries of small children,saw the elderly and infirm,too weak to hold up their head as they received their treatment.With bowed head,I sat,humbled,asking God yet again,for strength to help those who had no strength,to help point them to Him,our all enduring strength.
"God is our refuge and strength,a very present help in time of trouble"

2 comments:

Reese said...

Please tell that family member that I am so Proud of her, I love her, and to stay strong!!
Many prayers,
L

Sharlyn said...

Bless you for standing by a family member. I have wished I could clone myself many times. Often we (the healthcare "professionals") forget to let you know how important and appreciated you are. You really do make our jobs easier.

Followers

Day Children Early photo Collage

Day Children Early photo Collage

A true Echo from the Hollow

A true Echo from the Hollow
My niece,Evangeline Joy